Aishwarya   |   Akshay   |   Sanjay   |   Shahrukh   |   Bollywood TV   |   DB   |   FORUM   |   NEWS   |   RINGTONES   |   TAGS
FrontPage User Control Panel Browse Our Members View Calendar
Get New Posts! View Faq?

Go Back   Bollywood, India, Indian Culture > Bolly Series > Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)

Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Bollywood
Super Moderator
IF-Crazy

Default Prachi Desai quits Kasamh Se! (updated)

Prachi Desai has quit TV, reports Mumbai Mirror. She will no longer be playing Bani, the role which made her famous in Ekta Kapoor's Kasamh Se! After winning the second season of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the actress has decided to move on, it says.

Even before Jhalak, Prachi had signed a film Rock On with none other than director Farhan Akhtar acting opposite her.

Prachi was quoted by the tabloid saying, "Yes, I am discontinuing with Kasamh Se. According to the contract ( for Rock On), I cannot be seen on the small screen during the film's release and promotion. I guess, it will be a good surprise for the audiences too when they will suddenly watch me in a new avatar. Moreover, if I were shooting for Kasamh Se, I would be violating the film's contract."

However, the young actress is keen on returning to Kasamh Se once she finishes shooting for her film. She says, "Although I am leaving the show, I am definitely not going out of Balaji Telefilms, which is like my family. I owe everything to Kasamh Se and Bani. I love being associated with Balaji Telefilms and Ekta who has given me everything."

Incidentally, this is the second exit from one of Ekta's most popular shows, after Roshni Chopra (Pia) had also walked out of the show.

Ekta Kapoor confirmed the news to the tabloid, saying that it was Rock On's producer who didn't want Prachi to continue on TV. "We are currently working towards Prachi's exit. But, I haven't yet finalised on who will replace her, but a decision in this regard will have to be taken very soon," said Ekta.

"Prachi will shoot her last episode with us by the end of January. It was a tough decision, but it's okay. Iqbal Khan left Karam Apna Apna, Smriti Iraani left Kyunki… but we went on without any hiccups," added Ekta.

Well, we just hope Ram Kapoor doesn't leave Kasamh Se too.

Update: Prachi will take a break only and will come back

See here

Full Article

Sponsors

Tags
desai, kasamh, prachi, quits, updated