Aishwarya   |   Akshay   |   Sanjay   |   Shahrukh   |   Bollywood TV   |   DB   |   FORUM   |   NEWS   |   RINGTONES   |   TAGS
FrontPage User Control Panel Browse Our Members View Calendar
Get New Posts! View Faq?

Go Back   Bollywood, India, Indian Culture > Bolly Series > Left Right Left

Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Bollywood
Super Moderator
IF-Crazy

Default Birthday Boy: Rajeev Khandelwal

Rajeev Khandelwal, the young and dashing lad from Delhi turns 33 today. And like every year Rajeev will spend it with his fans and friends.

"I will be interacting with my fans through the net where I’ll speak to them through out the day and in the evening I plan to have dinner with some of my very close friends,” says Rajeev.

Is he expecting any special gifts?

“A very close friend of mine has planned to gift me something very special, so I am very excited about that!" says Rajeev without giving any details. We can't help but wonder if that close friend is none other than Aamna Sharif.

Rajeev was born in Delhi. Proficient in Hindi, English and Urdu, he did his schooling from St. Xaviers School. Unlike other actors, Rajeev didn’t come to Mumbai to act, he actually came here to write and direct documentaries. He wrote 30 documentary films on the army and women labour, which was telecasted on Doordarshan and also directed some of the documentary dramas. He made and produced his own drama called Pilot but unfortunately it didn’t work.

Then the director turned actor tried his fate in modelling. He was a part of commercials like LML Bikes, Crystal Combs, Gibleys Green Label Whisky, Videocon refrigerators, Kodak etc.

Rajeev then auditioned for the role of Sujal, one of the leads at Balaji, for Kahin Toh Hoga and immediately got selected in 2003. Sujal gave Rajeev immense name and fame but looking for a change, he finally decided to quit the show in 2007 which showed his death. Sujal’s exit took all the TRP’s along, which fell tremendously. His next show was for the popular Indian crime thriller CID, where he was seen for a small time. His next remarkable project was Left Right Left (2006) on Sab TV where he potrayed the character of Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat. Once again, he was truly admired by his fans, but this was perhaps his last contribution on the small screen.

Tired of his small screen image, Rajeev stepped into the silver screen where he lately made his debut in Aamir earlier this year, which garnered him excellent reviews. Presently, the tellywood actor has completely turned his attention to Bollywood and his next bollywood release Peter gaya kaam se will hit the theatres next year.

The Delhi boy has won many awards for his small screen image. To start with, he got Star Pariwar favourite Jodi 2004, followed by Best TV Personality and Best TV Newcomer and Best TV Couple in the same year. Moving ahead, he achieved MTV Lycra Style Icon and Best TV Personality in 2005 and in 2006 he won the title of ‘Popular 2006’ and Sansui Indian Television Award for the Best Actor the same year.

Sponsors

Tags
birthday, boy, khandelwal, rajeev