Aishwarya   |   Akshay   |   Sanjay   |   Shahrukh   |   Bollywood TV   |   DB   |   FORUM   |   NEWS   |   RINGTONES   |   TAGS
FrontPage User Control Panel Browse Our Members View Calendar
Get New Posts! View Faq?

Go Back   Bollywood, India, Indian Culture > Algemeen > HSFN > Discussie > Religieus

Old 03-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
- Prem -
IF-Lid

Default An account of a Pakistani woman

An account of a Pakistani woman:
I grew up in Pakistan and we were always taught to hate India, Israel and America. Our school books described Christians, Jews and Hindus as evil people, and unfortunately most Pakistanis exhibit a lot of hatred because of this. I was ashamed when Pakistanis celebrated on the streets after innocent people were killed in the 9/11 attacks. Even when I got my passport, I had to sign a statement on the application form that I consider the leader of Qadiani group of Muslims to be an imposter and his followers to be non-Muslim. I felt uncomfortable signing it as I somehow thought it is a hateful thing to do. Fortunately, I had the chance to leave Pakistan and find freedom in America. Now, I do not have to cover myself with a burqa. I learned that one can be a good person even without being a Muslim and I got the confidence to question Islam. Why should I accept any religion that forces me to wear a burqa and prevents my education? I want to point out that the caste system is alive and well in Pakistan as well. It is hypocritical of Pakistanis to talk of a caste system. The people of Pakistan are no different from the people of India except that we are born into Islam. This unfortunate difference gave birth to Pakistan, which has the dishonour of being created as the world┤s first religion-based country. We should never have left India because forming a country based on religion tells the world that we are hateful people. Please tell your readers that not all Pakistanis are hateful people. Ironically, my own life has been one where the differences between Indians and Pakistanis have been buried. After leaving Islam, I searched for spiritual peace and met a wonderful man who is a Hindu from India. Today, he is my husband and I find that I have a lot of freedom. Women in Islam do not have any freedom and four women are considered to be equal to one man. I realise that I would not have had the opportunity to meet my husband had I not come to America and got my freedom. There are many women like me who long for freedom. I sincerely wish I could do something for my sisters.

- MEHER UNNISA, Upland, California, USA

Sponsors
Old 12-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
I C U
IF-Lid

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Prem - View Post
I grew up in Pakistan and we were always taught to hate India, Israel and America. Our school books described Christians, Jews and Hindus as evil people, and unfortunately most Pakistanis exhibit a lot of hatred because of this. I was ashamed when Pakistanis celebrated on the streets after innocent people were killed in the 9/11 attacks. Even when I got my passport, I had to sign a statement on the application form that I consider the leader of Qadiani group of Muslims to be an imposter and his followers to be non-Muslim. I felt uncomfortable signing it as I somehow thought it is a hateful thing to do. Fortunately, I had the chance to leave Pakistan and find freedom in America. Now, I do not have to cover myself with a burqa. I learned that one can be a good person even without being a Muslim and I got the confidence to question Islam. Why should I accept any religion that forces me to wear a burqa and prevents my education? I want to point out that the caste system is alive and well in Pakistan as well. It is hypocritical of Pakistanis to talk of a caste system. The people of Pakistan are no different from the people of India except that we are born into Islam. This unfortunate difference gave birth to Pakistan, which has the dishonour of being created as the world┤s first religion-based country. We should never have left India because forming a country based on religion tells the world that we are hateful people. Please tell your readers that not all Pakistanis are hateful people. Ironically, my own life has been one where the differences between Indians and Pakistanis have been buried. After leaving Islam, I searched for spiritual peace and met a wonderful man who is a Hindu from India. Today, he is my husband and I find that I have a lot of freedom. Women in Islam do not have any freedom and four women are considered to be equal to one man. I realise that I would not have had the opportunity to meet my husband had I not come to America and got my freedom. There are many women like me who long for freedom. I sincerely wish I could do something for my sisters.

- MEHER UNNISA, Upland, California, USA
Kan dit ook gewoon in normaal NL?
Nooit zie je iemand iets in hindischrift posten....

Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
Aart Tuynman
IF-Crazy

Quote:
I grew up in Pakistan and we were always taught to hate India, Israel and America.
Pakistan is een van de beste bondgenoten van Israel en de Verenigde Staten.

Tags
account, pakistani, woman